EXPECTATIONS OF STUDENTS
To set some guidelines and expectations from students and parents, we have listed below some of the studios important things to note:
1. Please refrain form using mobile phones while in the studio and talking, so the lesson that may be taking place while you are waiting is not interrupted.
2. We require that students practice daily in order to continue on sharpen their skills. Below is a guideline for the amount of time students should practice. Metronomes at home will also be of great benefit to their daily routine, so they can keep time properly.
Beginners and Students in Grade 1: 20-30 Minutes daily
Grade 2-4: 30-45 Minutes plus any extra time they can afford daily.
Grade 5-7: 45 Minutes to one hour or more daily.
Grade 8 Diploma Level: 1.5 Hours or more daily.
Diploma Level: 2.5 Hours or more daily.
3. We welcome parents in the waiting room only while the lesson is happening. We prefer all others to wait until the lesson is finished to pick the student up. We are open to discuss your child's progress and ways to help them be motivated more to improve.
4. There are no lessons during Christmas, Boxing Day and the first 5 days of Chinese New Year. Lessons occurring during this time will be rescheduled to another day. For lessons on public holidays, the lessons can be moved with one weeks notice and rescheduled. The studio will reserve the right to also reschedule lessons also during holidays.
5. Students are required to purchase all music books and materials for lessons. We welcome any questions regarding the purchase of music scores or equipment in order to make sure you are making the right choice for yourself or children.
6. Consistency is important. Our expectation is that the lessons are consistently attended and there is a mutual respect for each others time. We also expect the students to be well behaved, which most are, but we will have to make judgement on continuing on teaching students that are not considerate of our time and respectful of teacher and studio policies.
7. We look forward to the excitement of students entering competitions, master classes and examinations and will do everything we can to help you get the most out of your experience. Please let us know what your plans are and how we can help you make the right choices. It is important that Ms. Fung is in agreement with your plans in order to make sure that there is no conflict of interest where she might be the adjudicator in the exam or competitions.
8. Please show up on time for your lessons, as we will have a full schedule and it will impact the other students following you. If later than 15 minutes, the lesson will be cancelled without any refund, unless their is a reasonable excuse. Poor planing is not an excuse.
9. Students are recommended to take lessons weekly, at the specified time and day. If you need to reschedule the lesson for holidays or exams, then please inform us by email, wattsapp or by phone one week in advance. The missed lesson should be made up within the following week, to make sure that the student is continuing on to get the most out of this eduction. We understand that people get sick and things happen in life, however we require 24 hours notice before your lesson that you will not be able to attend or the lesson will not be refunded.
10. Payment for lessons is to be given up from for all four lessons at the beginning of the month. If there are 5 lessons in a month, then the payment should reflect this. The payment can be made by either cheque, cash or bank transfer.
11. Last but not least, we want students to enjoy music. We don't want students to have to come to piano lessons, but want students want to come to piano lessons. We will create an environment where they will want to come. We will make music fun, so it is enjoyable and they will get the most out of music with this environment around them.